Monday, March 30, 2009

THE JOY OF SERVING - A GROWING MARRIAGE

Learning to serve your spouse, with an attitude of LOVE, brings great satisfaction. An attitude of loving service is far more than simply getting the work done. In a healthy marriage when I serve my spouse, I have the sense that I am doing something genuinely good, almost noble. In every vocation, those who truly excel are those who have a genuine desire to serve others. I think the same is the true marriage. If I truly believe in serving my husband, I am serving GOD. Then service becomes a "calling". I live to serve.

Imagine what this would do for your marriage. If the husband and wife developed an attitude of loving service to each other and to their children, the family would become a place of joy. The children would soon learn the joy of serving and the family would make a positive impact upon the community. Choosing to serve your spouse with an attitude of love is the first step toward a growing marriage. When service becomes a way of life, then you will experienced life's greatest joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment